Most of us receive at least three emails per day. At least one of the e-mail is related to marketing.
“In 2015, the number of business emails sent and received per user per day totals 122 emails per day. This figure continues to show growth and is expected to average 126 messages sent and received per business user by the end of 2019. (Radicati, 2015)”
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is the use of email in marketing communications. Email marketing occurs when a company sends a commercial message to a selected groups of people by use of electronic email. Any email communication is considered email marketing if it helps to build customer loyalty, trust in a product or company or brand recognition. Email marketing is an efficient way to stay connected with your clients while also promoting your business.
“Email marketing is a cost-effective solution that gives businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox. (Bloomberg, 2015)”
- Sending direct promotional emails to try and acquire new customers or persuade existing customers to buy again.
- It may involve special discounts/offer and vouchers to generate more leads or sales.
- Sending emails to encourage customer loyalty and enhance the customer relationship.
- Content sharing via emails to educate new customers or existing customers about the services or products. In short, it is more than just sales messages. It should contain information which informs, entertains or otherwise benefits the readers.
- Placing your marketing messages or advertisements in emails.
- You can find newsletters published by others and pay them to put your advertisement in the emails they send to their subscribers instead of producing your own newsletter.
Read also: 12 Reasons Why You Need A Website
Uh… Is it simple?
Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. You have to deal with the complexities of designing (not everyone have the skill set to do it) and delivering email messages to the right people and getting them to actually read and respond to your message, and measuring and analysing the results is not easy. Besides that there is the issue of “permission”.
Want to build an awesome website for your brand? check out our Web Design service.
Want to sell your product online? check out our ECommerce solution.
Want to digitalize your business operation to make it more efficient? check out our Web System solution.
What is Permission?
Responsible email marketing is based on the idea of permission. You will need an email address owner’s permission before you can send them a commercial email. If you don’t have this permission, then the recipients of your mail may well regard your message as spam; unsolicited commercial (bulk) email.
Have you ever seen a message “please send me news about product updates via email” whenever you register an account to use an application? When you tick the box beside this message, you have given the permission to the application provider to send emails to you.
We encourage you to do more research on the subject of permission and spam. If you don’t understand the importance of permission and the risks of ignoring it, then you could be heading for commercial disaster.
If you are able to do it in the proper way, you may be able to generate more leads and sales for your business.